We are pleased to announce we are opening the Church for limited hours every Saturday, 10am -12pm.
Please see below our guidance for those coming to "Open Church"
- Entry to Church will only be allowed if strict social distancing is adhered to
- It is not an absolute requirement to wear a face mask, but if you do not wear a mask a distance of 2 metres must be maintained between you and other individuals
- Entry will only be via the north-east door, that is into the children's area
- On arrival you will be asked to give your name and phone number - this condition is required should there be a case of COVID 19 then the details may be passed on for track and trace purposes
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the point of entry and we ask that you use this as you enter Church
- Access within the Church will be restricted and you will need to follow the directional arrows
- You will be able to light a candle but we ask that you light this from the large candle on the votive stand
- Chairs are set out for people to sit but at an acceptable distance
Much thought and planning has been given to the way in which we open Church to ensure that it as safe as can be during these times and we ask that you treat this space with respect and with due consideration for others who may come.
Please also be prepared for Church not to be as you expect it to be.
If you have any questions about this or any concerns please do talk to us as Churchwardens.
Barry and Helen
Keep in Touch
If you would like to contact some one from St John’s Church, please click here.
During the current Coronavirus outbreak, Rona is recording services and readings. Please click on one of the options below to hear her recordings.
Retreat at Home
Welcome to St John the Evangelist, Merrow
'A community growing in faith’
- Daily prayers
- A beautiful church for quiet contemplation
- A warm community open to all
The PCC of St John the Evangelist is committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our community.
For further information contact , Parish Safeguarding Officer on 01483 579462 firstname.lastname@example.org or Rev. Rona Stuart-Bourne on 01483 572207.
Click here to see full details and policy document in our Safeguarding Section.