Digital Resources from the Church of England
The Church of England is publishing a range of digital resources for the days and weeks ahead for all to use at this time.
What is currently available?
There are a range of Christian resources already available:
- #LiveLent: Care for God's Creation - the Church of England's Lent campaign for 2020. With weekly themes shaped around the first Genesis account of creation, it explores the urgent need for humans to value and protect the abundance God has created. This daily audio content is available via the app and daily emails. Sign up for free.
- The BBC's Daily Service and Sunday Worship - radio programmes will be using some of the themes from #LiveLent as part of their broadcasts.
- Prayer for the day - each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Smart speakers – daily prayer and #LiveLent audio content can be accessed via our smart speaker apps.
- Live streaming services - users can watch live streams of services from a range of churches and we will be improving AChurchNearYou.com in the days ahead to make this clearer.
- Read a blog which outlines how a church can inexpensively stream a sermon, service, event or thought for the day from the vicar or member of the church in situations where people are unable to attend church.
What will we be developed in the weeks ahead?
In the days and weeks ahead we will be significantly expanding our output:
- Simple daytime prayer and night prayer service – building on the existing daily prayer feed, we will record audio to accompany daytime prayer and night prayer per day, which will be available via an updated app and accompanying podcasts.
- More video content – this will include video services and more content for Holy Week and Easter. In addition, we will make Holy Week audio content available.
- Using AChurchNearYou.com - signpost those churches that are live streaming services and events. Churches need to add the 'Livestream' tag to their services and events that will be broadcast. Remember to add into the description, how people can watch this. You can add a link to the platform you're using to stream, such as your Facebook Page or YouTube Channel. Find out more about live streaming services and events.
- Mental health reflections – daily reflections to help people, especially at a time when they are feeling lonely, isolated or anxious.
- Increasing the number of webinars - to help churches stream sermons, events and make the most of social media. Sign up for free.